Effective management of clean-in-place (CIP) systems can be more complicated than process management because CIP routes tend to be longer and more involved. CIP management requires control modules to implement different actions from those implemented during process management. Running product and performing CIP management within a process cell at the same time requires comprehensive control module coordination.
CIP management can consume 10 to 30 percent of a process cell’s available production capacity. CIP management must meet the following requirements:
- Consistent—cleans all the equipment the same way every time
- Flexible—easily adapts to reduce the drain on process cell capacity
- Self-documenting—keeps records of any variations or upsets in the cleaning process
- Capable—easily runs a complete cleaning procedure or cleans a certain process cell segment
- Safe—interlocks with the process in a way that prevents product contamination
ECS’s approach to CIP management offers all of this as part of its value-focused Total Process Automation principles.
Total Process Automation
Whether you are starting from scratch at a new facility or retooling an existing facility for growth purposes, you can trust that ECS has you covered.
- Radically shorter schedules
- Amazing flexibility for changing needs
- Extremely efficient process execution
- Highly focused operators
Learn More about S88 Builder
S88 Builder is a model based ControlLogix program that provides speed, flexibility, and cost savings
Find Out How S88 Builder Improves Your Bottom Line