S88 Builder - Batch Automation Software
S88 Builder® is a basic model-based process control system used specifically for equipment control in a batch or continuous process control system. Based on best practices and 40 years of experience, ECS developed S88 Builder® to be one common application for controlling any process cell. The model provides an extreme level of both consistency and flexibility for equipment control throughout a process. The consistent model optimizes your process control system for top performance and quality, which lowers production costs and increases equipment availability.
- The unit panel turns operators into focused process managers with flexible live tiles for each unit equipment module
- Alert navigator draws operator attention to any unit held from processing for any reason
- Unit logs track operator actions and augment the electronic batch record
- Fast and easy configuration, in lieu of programming, delivers radically shorter schedules and extreme agility to implement new products
- Model backup is accomplished using standard SQL tools
How It Works
S88 Builder® has three components: (1) studio, (2) engine, and (3) faceplates and objects. Taking data from the P&IDs, a user configures the data model of the process inside the S88 Builder® Studio. The data model is downloaded from the S88 Builder® Studio to the S88 Builder® Engine, the one ControlLogix PAC program that can control any process. S88 Builder® faceplates and objects adapt to the data in the ControlLogix PAC, provide the operator visualization into the process, and allow the operator control of the equipment.
S88 Builder® adheres strictly to the ISA-88 standard and provides phase level, equipment module level, and control module-level control of all equipment. S88 Builder® can connect to any ISA-88 compliant batch management system via OPC for procedural control.